The article is an attempt to build and demonstrate the importance of candidate discovery for organizations
If you have found this blog and reading it, you must be a leader in the HR function of a renowned enterprise. If your organization is about 3000 -5000 employees, you are most likely to hire about 500 job-roles this year.
It will be no big surprise to believe that you hired a similar number in the last 12 months. While hiring for these 500 Job-Roles, the enterprise would have moved heaven and earth by posting these jobs on free and paid job-boards and social media, generating referrals and getting many candidates from recruitment consultants. At 300 candidates per Job-role, you would have received 150,000 candidate profiles!
Industry Research indicates that 80% of these candidate profiles probably were not even opened and 70% of Jobs in an enterprise are repeat Jobs. The big question is:
What happened to 120,000 Candidate Profiles?
If commonsense prevails, shouldn’t we be re-using these 120,00 candidate profiles to fill 70% of the repeat Job-roles? However, the question remains rhetorical because of following hard problems
- It humanly infeasible to open and review the 120,000 Candidate Profile on each new Job-role
- Candidate Profiles are Unstructured data and reviewing such raw data is cognitively fatigue-inducing and frustrating
- Keyword-based Profile to Job-Role matching while reduces the size of the pool, the outcome is still either large number to choose from or highly irrelevant
- The Candidate Profiles in 120,000 pool go through the aging process and hence demand automated data-refresh before any re-use is attempted
If these four problems are addressed to make feasible re-use of 120,000 or more Candidate Profiles, Enterprise can experience the following benefits:
- Enormous Cost Savings incurred on Job-Posting to commercial Job Board. They are expensive!
- Reduction in time-to-hire by cutting down Job-Marketing and Screening time
- Build a better and agile image of the Talent Acquisition team to Business and Hiring Managers
- Creating Candidate Delight by getting back when indeed a suitable Job-Role opens for an applicant.
Want to get a demo of Worlds First Candidate Discovery Platform - reach out to us!